Saturday, May 19th came and so much was going on, Mike was working, Bailey had a soccer game in Nibley, UT (which Gma Paskett so generously offered to drive to was just outside Logan/ 2 hour drive North), Tanner was supposed to be reffing for Doug at AF but had to cancel that to have last minute DYNAMO Soccer tryouts. So Madi & I were the only one's who ended up being able to go to participate in the FUN RUN for Kirsten King, Tanner's cute friend. KNOWING if something EVER (God forbid it ever happened to us) I know I would hope that family, friends, community, etc. would come together & HELP our family out. So I helped where I could not even ever met her before. So I was fortunate enough to have connections with the t-shirt supplier & they donated the 100's of t-shirts they needed.
Madi & I got there just in time to see the Toddler trot Around the block come to a close. Then we were up-
So HAPPY the turnout for the event was SO WELL attended!!! Blessed.
Here Kirsten's Mom & Dad spoke to the crowd, letting us know she was home for the morning to watch through the windows, the days events, and her most recent accomplishments. Giving high fives, knuckles, and feeding herself pudding.
Just before the race, I took this quick picture of Madi & I.
And off we RAN! They had more than 600 people register for the race, donations totaled almost $12,000.00 and the response and weather were BEAUTIFUL! The route for the run was in, around and through their neighborhood in Highland, just near Ridgeline Elementary.
This was just after we came over the finish line. They had a lot of things set up; a physical therapy set up with first aid, etc. the Lone Peak Fire Dept. came and showed that kids the Fire truck, and all their tools.
Kneaders cam and gave breakfast for all the runners. People had also brought muffins, oj, water, donuts, fruit, etc. It was all there just ready for the taking. Timp Regional Hospital gave out green drawstring backpacks, there was a raffle for all kinds of prizes.
Madi getting her yummy breakfast!
The park was a hustle & bustlin' time
You could buy t-shirts to tye-dye them, you could get your feet massaged or the kids had plenty of choices. Madi chose to get her a colored hair piece that would be put in her hair.The youth in Kirsten's ward had gone around the night before the run & wrote CUTE sayings with Chalk on the ground so as you ran you would have motivating thoughts to read. Her are just a few- This is Kirsten's saying they have used to put on silicone bracelets, etc.
"WAKE UP and LIVE!" It FITS, don't you think?
| Here is a Beautiful, Vibrant, active picture of Kirsten BEFORE the accident- |
![]() |
| Here is Kirsten feeding herself the Chocolate Pudding her mom spoke about the morning of the Fun Run. |
Her mom/sister have been talking a lot on Kirsten's CaringBridge blog about the talk from April General Conference by President Eyring,
"Mountains to Climb"


No comments:
Post a Comment