Thursday, May 17, 2012

Making YuMMy Homemade Strawberry Jam

 I had walked into Kohler's & saw these YUMMY Strawberries & with the price right, it was TIME to make Freezer Strawberry Jam again.


 I started at 11:30am and didn't finish the 7 batches until around 4:30



 I not only had to stop once, but twice while making this jam to go and get more pectin, because I had enough strawberries to make one more batch. Then I ran out of plastic containers & ran out to Walmart, because I knew Kohler's didn't have any left. But Walmart didn't have the square containers that I like.
 Here's my assembly line of SEVEN, count them, SEVEN batches of Strawberry Jam-
 It made 17 pint plus containers & 5 filled to the top round containers

 And these are the many, many dishes...
and D.O.N.E.!!!! (until today-)

Today I headed over to Gma P's and helped Rachel wherever she needed my help...if it was holding Morgan while she made, stirred, poured, etc. or I could run to the store to buy 2 more boxes of pectin, or if it was stirring while Rachel fed Morgan. I did get to rock MoMo to sleep twice this afternoon, played with her & enjoyed every minute of it-  Wanna make more jam tomorrow Rachel? 

No comments: