Monday, September 19, 2011

Park City Extreme Cup 2011



After practicing all summer long as a team, this was the FIRST tournament, real game, not a scrimmage- a REAL game.

Thursday, 8/5/11 our first game was at 11:30 Dynamo FC vs. Fusion FC. This game got intense & FAST! After a couple of NO CALLS from the ref, our sideline was upset. Then after they took Braden out, we had, "had it!"

Coach Blaine brought Braden off the field. Later we found out that he'd be out for 2-4 weeks.

We had a Supportive & GREAT sideline!

This is where it gets more interesting...As I was taking pictures, I realized what was happening & so I stopped taking pictures eventually but it was HEATED! And for me, the Momma Bear was coming out...I was so MAD to see this happen, and that the ref WASN'T the first one there. The ref I feel never had control of the game, and this is what happens-

For 4 boys to be on top of Tanner & the ref NOT in their faces, I was mad!

So the ref finally decides to give Tanner & 2 of the boys from the Fusion team Red Cards. So Tanner was out the rest of this game, & down a player and then out of the next game also.

Here Landon Wilson, Dynamo's Team Captain talking with the refs. We were grateful that the other boys from our team didn't get involved like the Fusion team did, otherwise we'd have more than Tanner sitting out.

WIN Dynamo 1 to Fusion 0

During halftime of the Dynamo vs. Wasatch Thunder game. Tanner not in full dress because of his Red Card in the previous game.

Win Dynamo 2 to Wasatch Thunder 1 We move onto the Semi Finals

Early Saturday morning the boys had asked me to wake them, so they could go down to Kneaders and have their ALL YOU CAN EAT Frenchtoast. Then after eating they'd come back up to the room and fall back asleep until they needed to get up to be to their pre-game warm ups at 10:30 am.

But since I was taking a picture of the boys, I thought I'd make sure to take one of the girls. As you can see they were up & DIDN'T want their picture taken.

And here are the boys after their YUMMY breakfast, all snuggled up in the pull out bed. Braden, Tanner and Brad


Before game ritual-

Semi Final game Dynamo vs. Inter FC Saturday, 8/6/11

After Tanner sitting OUT a game, he was READY to get BUSY!

Then he SCORED!!!

and boy, did he LOVE it!!!!!!!

He played his little heart out-

WIN Dynamo 2 vs. Inter FC 1 - and onto the FINALS, against Tanner's old team, Utah Rangers.


Between our Semi final game and the Final game the whole team got lunch & headed back to Newpark Hotel to their lounge area upstairs. But while we waited, many of the boys hung out with ice packs, and Hot n' Icy rub.

No comments: