Getting all set up to get my Booster Covid vaccine shot, through the School District. Mike & I were able to go at the same time, to the same place one Saturday morning. The next day, on Sunday after 9 am church, Mike ended up with a headache, REALLY sleepy & just not feeling 100%. For me, I just didn't feel 100% & didn't want to get off the couch all day.
For Relief Society Christmas Dinner that we ended up having this year, I was asked to do the invitation, background music, & the gift note tags for it. So, I decided to enroll Bailey's help & asked her to make me the invitations using a photo of Christ with him holding the oil lamp. The theme was "Share His Light." They turned out REALLY NICE & received A LOT of compliments, I even got her a few Christmas gift drawing jobs from Juli White, from the ward & Tausha from Dad's work.
I've ALWAYS loved the look of white Christmas lights, & with the Moon in the background-
it made it even more PRETTY
And it SADLY finally happened, they split up the Alpine 1st Ward! I was so worried they'd take our street into a new ward, or split Main Street up, or we'd lose the Bishop's, but when it came down to it- they took most of Fort Canyon, Heritage Hills area & made that a new ward with some people from the 7th ward too. It's just growing EVERYWHERE here in Alpine!!! Its so sad to lose some GREAT salt of the Earth families... like, The Broadbents, Merle & Craig, The Browns, Nancy & Terry, the Nash's, Holmes, Rogers, Larsen's, Arnolds, etc etc etc But definitely GRATEFUL to still have Kim Huish, the Bishops, G&G Paskett still in our ward, and MANY others!
And these were the Gift tags that we attched to mini candles for the Relief Society Sisters for the last combined activity before the ward split. It was a Beautiful night spent with many dear friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment