Monday, July 20, 2015

June 2015

Over the course of a few weeks, we had been noticing that Spice was losing weight, not eating too much etc. Then one day Spice wasn't to be found ANYWHERE! Mike & Madi went & drove around looking, calling his name.

He was missing for a few days, then Sunday morning we got a note from Madi
Spice was in the garage, still wouldn't eat or drink much- We were SO worried about him! We started looking into his symptoms, etc. All which lead to the conclusion that he was sick, maybe cancer- We were really worried that when he went missing, we didn't KNOW what happened to him. The not knowing was BAD. So that week I looked into putting him down, because we were headed out of town to North Dakota for a week & didn't think the Pitcher's would take care of him, like we would. We worried he'd go up missing again & we wouldn't be here, or that he'd die while we were gone. He seemed to be in SO MUCH Pain & didn't want him to die but didn't want him to suffer either! Madi was to EFY that week & decided it was time to make some decisions & talk to the Pitchers. 
I think Madi was excited for EFY
And some of Tanner's friends started coming home from their missions -
So Monday late morning, Bailey & I took Madi to Provo- we stopped off at the mall & ate lunch

Then went to get in line at EFY check in
The line to check in was CRAZY but it did move quickly-
Madi's dorm room at EFY
I'm SO proud of Madi for going to EFY without someone...so BRAVE!
Her cute dorm door decorated by her counselor

After coming home from dropping Madi off, I went in Madi's room & found this- 
Madi's cute sign in her room


When Mike & I went to pick up Madi Saturday morning, she was pretty quiet about everything she did, she said she was TIRED, but that she had a ton of FUN! We did have to tell Madi about Spice, because all wekk we had been keeping it from her that we put Spice down, in worry that she'd be so sad that she didn't enjoy EFY & thought about Spice. It broke her heart but she was strong & understood-
We went for breakfast to Kneader's after picking her up




Here are some of the pictures I found after searching the efy#



Here are some pictures of Spice before we put him down-





After seeing these pictures up against older pictures, it makes me know we did the right thing, even IF right is TOUGH!!! I didn't want him in anymore pain that he already had been- 

And this is HOW I'd like to remember Spice...















<3 br="" love="" nbsp="" spice="" we="" you="">


- Our Trip to North Dakota -
Car Selfies

Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center






 




West Yellowstone















 
Entrance at West Yellowstone
And just after going through the entrance gates, we drove for maybe 1 mile then came to a DEAD stop for probably about an 45 minutes to an hour. Just stopped. It tried our patience that's for sure-













Old Faithful















When booking our hotel, it said that it was located 19 miles from West Yellowstone, HOWEVER... I believe they probably meant it was 19 miles from the border of West Yellowstone or something along those lines- because it was really 36 miles from West Yellowstone to our hotel!  -OUCH-  




On the ROAD again & now to Bismarck



more car selfies...






Snap chats too...



If you squint your eyes you MIGHT be able to see the COW statue Gma P told us to watch for...hahaha
Yes, there was a lot of Construction too along the way
We did however stop in Dickinson for some YUMMY Barbeque at JD's BarBque restaurant- Mike got the BEST burger he's ever had & Madi & I shared some ribs that were The BEST ribs we ever had, Bailey got some chicken strips I believe!!! We'd definitely make to sure to stop there again if we go back...

Then we pulled into Bismarck about 8 pm, we headed to the Nunley's but Digi was texting us at the same time as we were using the navigation so we missed her call, when we arrived at their home, they said to load up & we'd head over to Mo's Snow Shack before they close at 9 pm!

And look at the line at 8:45 pm...they had to turn people away it got so busy!





  Mo's was SOOOOOO Yummy!
Tanner was loved on...



One day it was raining so Mo's employees got the day off so we did a little bit of sight seeing- We headed to the North Dakota State Capital building, we even TRIED to climb the 17 flight of stairs but only made it 7 before we totally gave up & took the elevator. But Madi & Amoray did the full 17 flights.
Tanner's snapchat

LOVE my kids!!!
We also went for another day of sight seeing & headed out to Colonel Custard's (I think it was called...)






• may you let the meaning and beauty and peace of the temple come into your every day life • 
howard w. hunter •

Bailey's snap chat w/ her daddy










Look at this CUTE working girl-


Mo's Snow Shack.... My NEW favorite!!! 🍧 *if only they had these back in Utah-

Some of our FAVORITES!


And we got the Bearscat experience...




 

We each got to pick our very own flavors, then make them fresh...



Madi's S'mores


Bailey's Samoa
My Muddy Buddy aka Puppy Chow








Tanner's The Kramer
Mike's Scotch-a-Roo
Gary eating Todd & Rachel's favorite


Bearscat Original
We were told besides WHO we were coming to see in Bismarck, that making & eating the melody of flavors, on your own FRESHLY made donuts, it would be worth the drive. And I would have to say, I definitely agree. Thumbs up from all of us, 🍩👍🏼 and a Five Star rating
‪#‎bearscatbakehousedonuts‬ ‪#‎doyouknowwhatbearscatmeans‬
‪#‎smores‬ ‪#‎scotcharoo‬ ‪#‎bearscat‬ ‪#‎samoa‬ ‪#‎puppychow‬ ‪#‎thekramer‬ ‪#‎icecoldmilk‬






Last day in North Dakota at Mo's, saying goodbye
Driving to Mount Rushmore from Bismarck through Sturgis


 
Driving around the corner on the way up the mountain to Mount Rushmore




 
 
 
 





And the YUMMY ice cream we were told about at Mount Rushmore...& it was good!
Not sure why or when it happened but I've always wanted to see Mount Rushmore, & I got too- thanks to these guys for their willingness to fulfill this bucket list to be checked off. 

 

Dinner was okay but when you're starving, you'll eat anything, right!

Some mirror selfies in the restaurant...because we were BORED & it took forever for our food to come







     
Traveling through Wyoming back to HOME!
More selfies...just passing T.I.M.E.







 
We'll ALWAYS remember the bugs on the front of my car...YUCK!!!

   

Received this cute picture of Grandma putting Junie to sleep! or maybe Junie putting Grandma to sleep!
  
Bailey took some pictures of the Allen girls for Rachel to give for Father's day & Grandpa's day



Just a typical day around the house...


Sophi came to sit with Madi, trying to get the Circus Animal Cookies she had in her bowl-


me: Morgan, what are you doing?
morgan: I'm covering up.
me: Why are you covering up?
morgan: Because I'm nursing my baby and she's sucking on my nipples.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 ‪#‎thejoysofbabysitting‬

 


Tanner's new car that sat in our driveway for a month while he was in North Dakota working...

So uhhhh... I kinda maybe bought this today... 😁🙊





















 


















 



 







 




















No comments: