Friday, August 13, 2010

- TaNNeR's 15th BiRTHDaY -


Because Tanner was headed to EFY on his birthday(Monday), the girls and I decided to decorate his room while his was out driving with Mike, Sunday night.

You know as your kids become teenagers, their choice of WHAT they WANT for their birthday/Christmas changes...so I decided to get just a couple small gifts I knew he'd like, but then I'd just GIVE him the $$$. But I did put a small box of his fav's together...Mamba's, Sobe drinks, Pringles, gum and Strawberry gummies-

Tanner's not much for Birthday Cake, so the girls and I made him FuNFeTTi CooKieS instead, and topped them off with a candle.

So late Sunday night we had him open his presents, ate cookies and sung too him. I know it was rough for him to be gone on his birthday to efy, and I know not being here to see him off, etc. I was sad too- But before being dropped off at efy, he was excited when his Aunt Digi, Demory & Dayt took him to lunch at the Brick Oven in Provo and was surprised when G&G Paskett, other cousins, Aunts & Uncles were there to wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And even MORE Surprised when Dayton became SiCK and was throwing up outside Brick Oven in the parking lot & NOT SURE if he'd be GOING to efy at all- (Thanks Dayt for making it through the day & going to efy.) And Thanks to my family, for making it a SPECIAL day for Tanner!

On Saturday night he returned from EFY, we surprised him with having his Best Friend, Braden come over and our family headed out to one of his NEW favorite places to eat...

ReD RooSTeR, @ Jordan's Landing in West Jordan.

Here our family (& our newest son, Braden) was ANXIOUSLY waiting for our dinner...and Tanner HATING taking pics!

I was amazed that I didn't have any pics of Tanner & Braden, so I took this opportunity to get a few of these Handsome Young Men!

With Braden having never been here before, Tanner bet Braden to see WHO could eat ALL of their dinner, Braden took him up on that bet...little did he know what he was getting himself into!

You see on one HUGE 14" round plate is a German Pancake that hangs well over that plate, and on another huge 14" round plate is the rest of their meal, the eggs and bacon.

As you can see, Tanner WON the bet. (Check out Braden's face...it says it ALL!)

Braden on the other hand, ALMOST did it- we were worried about him though. He SO wanted to WiN, but we KNEW we'd be the ones who'd LOSE on the drive home- because Braden would LOSE it! But as he told us HOW FULL & SICK he was from eating SO MUCH, he dove into Madi's Waffle fries as we walked out the door and then told us HOW MUCH he'd wished he would've picked up all her remaining fries she left on her plate.

growin' BOYS!!! so FuNNy-

No comments: