Friday, December 28, 2018

December 2018

And it doesn't fit like he had hoped, so this is where it'll go for now
I was a little late for this girls Birthday because the first present got lost, so I figured I'd better drop it off as soon as I got the second gift... & boy was she excited!!!

OHHH Mike!!!
Mike pretty much started CRYING when he got these pictures from Tanner.... 
He's sooo happy for him!



 
OUCH!!! Yes, that's skin that's hanging-

So Bailey did something AWESOME, that I want to acknowledge. She has been feeling like she needed to go talk to Jordyn. So she contacted Shawn, her old boss & asked if she could come down to Jdawgs after work one day & talk to Jordyn & Meghan. So she's been feeling like she's needed to apologize to Jordyn for her part in all of it. NOW THIS IS WHAT A TRUE APOLOGY IS SUPPOSE TO BE! She went & told both Jordyn & Meghan that she was sorry for her part. For not recognizing that they had feelings for each other, for her not being the wife that he thought she should be, etc. She said they accepted her apology- & I guess Meghan told Bailey she missed her as a friend. Bailey broke down as she told me this part. Its sad that they chose to handle things the way they did- Bailey said that after she did this she felt a HUGE weight lift off her. That she needed to do this- her counselor didn't tell her to do this, SHE just wanted to do it.

Have I said HOW PROUD of her I am? LOVE that girl!  

Something else I want to share here is back at the end of November, Jdawgs had their annual Thanksgiving Dinner at Cedar Hills Country Club. Bailey hadn't gone to the previous party back at the first part of October, because just a week previous she had moved out of her & Jordyn's home and didn't want to see either of them & KNEW they'd be there. She also has struggled with going out in public or even going anywhere that THEY could be or Bailey & Jordyn use to go to etc. It made her pulse race, her feel uncomfortable, church where people know shes married or would ask questions etc. So she ended up not going to that first party but felt like she'd like to go to this Thanksgiving party because she wanted to take back her control or fear she'd run into them & the ONLY way she could get rid of that fear, was to FACE IT HEAD ON! So she did- she didn't tell anyone she was going, so Jordyn & Meghan wouldn't find out- she just went. She took back that control from him! She walked in & was PRESENT there that night. She sat with Dayton, Allyson & Demory- others came over to her & told her they missed her etc. It was EMPOWERING for her & she did it! Yes, they were there & yes they came again together to the party. But Bailey didn't let any of that STOP her. She owned being there & wasn't hiding that night- no she didn't go out & seek to talk to THEM, but she was there & she didn't let him own it that night- SHE DID!!! I am so PROUD of this woman!

She's done A LOT of things she never thought or ever wanted to do these past few months-
but she's done it! She's held her head up HIGH & has NOTHING to be embarrassed about!
SHE DID NOTHING WRONG! She wanted to make it work, she wanted to try to go to counseling, she wanted to work through their problems- but he's the one who jumped ship!
 

Madi made this at mutual with the YM & YW of the ward

AND on Saturday, December 15th (Yes, same day as the Gillett family Party) 
we got our couch & chair delivered!!!
Bailey & Tanner made the Gingerbread House at the Gillett family party

And a few pictures were taken too, much to the kids chagrin...

And after MONTHS & MONTHS & MONTHS of HOW & WHERE to get her Dexcom Transmitter WE FINALLY GOT IT!!!! We've been working on this since September- with our new insurance, they didn't know where to order it from & heard all sorts of things etc. Finally figured it out & then her new Drs office botched the delivery bc they said she was only testing 4 times a day instead of the 6 she DOES test & the Insurance company requires! Its been the BIGGEST MESS! She did end up starting her new job & gets benefits & good ones, so HOPEFULLY we'll be blessed that way this coming year! 
Tanner shared this on his Instastory & BOY!!! this is HIM! But all Nikes-
Christmas Morning 2018


Between the remodel & the couches- I told Mike, that's ALL I wanted for Christmas this year. 
I feel VERY BLESSED!!!



And this year, I gave MONEY to everyone & decided to wrap it in a clear Christmas decoration ornament. Not sure HOW they'll get it out- but said the FIRST to do it, gets $5!!! Madi went right over to the scissors & started cutting- She WON! Tanner & Dad tried, not very successfully, Bailey however got her money out, then dad's & then mine & Tanner cut his open too. Bailey was able to get the money out without cutting or ruining the ornament or the money. So I gave her $5 too.


The ornaments that were torn, cut & ripped open (hahaha)

Bailey's ornament unharmed...

Bailey gave me, my present & when I opened it & read it aloud- she mentioned how I always say 
"I don't need anything"  Sooo, she gave me exactly THAT, NOTHING! hahaha

We played Tanner's Mario Cart video games, which I SUCK at! I was always coming 12th out of 12...

After we ate dinner & dishes were done we played Left Right Center... 
a FAVORITE at our house!

Tanner WON the first round of $1 = $25     AND       Madi WON the second round of $1 = $25
AND Bailey WON the third round of $5 = $75
We played Winner takes all! Happy that all the kids WON a round...

SO VERY PROUD of this woman!!! Its been a EXCITING, STRESSFUL, LONG, TOUGH, DIFFICULT YEAR & she's come out on TOP!!!


Madi got Mike some wheel caps for his Speed3 - He put them on pretty much right away!



Garrett has also had a pretty rough last part of the year with Cancer- He is SO BRAVE & we are SO PROUD of him & his COURAGE to move forward even in difficult circumstances!

And TODAY, Bailey braved the harsh social media platform & posted her ring for sale...she's had a few friends reach out & say stuff like "I just saw this, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here."

No comments: