My mom was trying to recreate memories to a trip many years ago when we (Mom, Dad, Rachel, Todd, me & my kids) went to Arizona over my birthday, and there my sister Rachel & my mom made a cake made from Krispy Kreme donuts.
And here are some pics from that very trip- I'm so grateful that I thought to look and see if I had pics. It was an INCREDIBLE trip, one I will ALWAYS remember! It had been about two months since my Grandma Iona had passed away and we had gone down to play, for some SUN, pack up her things and get her home ready to sale. As you can see the Krispy Kreme Donut Cake in the middle of the table. (YuM, YuM)
My cute family & Grandma Paskett. (And NO, that's not chocolate frosting on my mom's jaw- she had some dental work done right before our trip)
My cute little girls, Bailey and Madi in front of Camelback Mountain at Camelback Inn Resort- this place is Beautiful! We had so much FUN swimming, playing pool by the pool, and ordering Strawberry daquri's at the pool with our lunch. (maybe again SOMEDAY, when we are RICH or my Uncle Phil gets us in again...)
OHHHHHH, these pictures just make me want to CRY- my kids have grown up, right before my eyes.
They're ALL So, CUTE!!! The "teaser" he is, even way back then. You know what they say, "Teasers, tease those they LOVE the MOST!" I keep telling my girls that, EVERYDAY! cuz' I have too-
Okay, SORRY for the stroll down memory lane- This is the CUTE & CREATIVE Birthday sign the girls MADE for me.
And the goregous FLOWERS, card from Mike & the kids, and some other cards from my in-laws & a sweet friend, that I had received and opened my birthday morning.
Thanks to Everyone for the sweet notes & cards, phone calls, fb messages, and gifts- it was a TERRIFIC birthday. I LoVed it!!!
4 comments:
What a great trip down memory lane! I can't believe how much the kids have grown! It goes by so fast, doesn't it?
Glad you had a great b-day!
Okay so I cried a little bit when I saw the old pictures from AZ. What great memories! I love this little tradition of ours. I love the cute pictures of your kids - they are so tiny - I can't get over how cute they are. It is crazy how fast time goes by. I love that Maddie is giving herself bunny ears in the picture - SO CUTE!!!! Love you!
Happy Birthday!
Rachel, That is TOO FUNNY- I just noticed what you said about madi giving herself bunny ears. You know how I've been sick- I started laughing so hard, and started choking! Tears are falling for me too!!! :0) Thanks for pointing that out- Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment