Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Friday morning we got up, and headed to Fashion Square Mall in Scottsdale where there is a Crate n' Barrel & some other stores too. We window-shopped, shopped and people watched. At one point in the mall, (now this is a very 'Ritzy' mall with Top of the line stores) Rachel, Digi & I were just ready to go up the escalator when out of the corner of my eye I saw something Very Different-) it was a much older lady, pushing a stroller, a Doggie Stroller! I couldn't believe it- really?!?! And that little doggie looked so comfortable, so content- that little doggie in that stroller has probably had a life already, far BETTER than any person in that mall! Let's just say, I was SHOCKED, and still am.

Lunch at Los Olivos in Scottsdale, a favorite from our childhood that we went to often while visiting. And as you can see, Tanner slyly withdrew from the picture and hid behind Grandpa Paskett. So if you look closely it looks like Grandpa is wearing one of those Jewish hats that sit on the backs of men's heads. (yam aka?)





Madi looking at all the beautiful flowers just outside Los Olivos- These flowers were everywhere down there, different colors, but everywhere. They are beautiful & so vibrant in color!

Friday evening, our last evening in Arizona we spent at the Schneider's. I'm not sure if Uncle Phil & Aunt Nancy have ever had that many little kids in there home at once, for years-

Grandma Paskett and Uncle Phil Its not often we've had the opportunity to take a picture of these two together- The older my Uncle Phil gets, the more & more he reminds me of Grandpa Schneider. (Their father, my grandpa)

It was so nice to visit, reminisce, and enjoy the kids having FUN swimming, hot tubing, playing boccie ball & on the putting green.

Aunt Nancy & Rainey (Nancy had just had eye surgery the day prior- didn't tell us, and still had us over for a night of Yummy dinner, dessert & visiting.)

Uncle Phil & Grandma Paskett telling us stories of their childhood. Stories Grandma has made MORE interesting over the years, & where Uncle Phil didn't ever tell Nancy 'those kinds' of stories to.

And finally, Madi had waited all evening to ask Uncle Phil about his masks, and then she asked him. So Rainey and Madi went in the other room, put the masks on and came out to scare everyone. They've always been a HiT with my kids, and still are! It was a pleasant evening, we didn't want it to end- knowing what the next day brought...driving back to Utah. That evening, poor Day't had been sick all day but suffered through all the activities, then had a 103.6 temperature when we got back to the hotel. Finally got some sleep, hopefully feeling a whole lot better now-

It was a very Memorable, Wonderful, FUN Spring Break trip for us, one I hope we'll do again sometime soon. Now 3 days later we awoke to 2 to 3 inches of snow on the ground and I was READY to go back to the WARM & SUNNY weather of Arizona!

Thanks for the Memories!!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

WOW! Sound like so much fun! I love seeing all the photos. Makes me want to be a better blogger! =) I am SO ready for warmer weather after seeing all of fun & sunshine!