Thursday, April 29, 2010

Come Out, Come Out, wherever you are...Is this REALLY happening aGaiN?!?!

Let's start at the very beginning...a few months before Mike & I were married I lost my engagement/wedding ring- NEVER found it! It was the middle of winter, snow everywhere and it was cold so I wore my gloves as I drove to work. When I got to work & took off my gloves it was GONE! When I called Mike to tell him, I was SO WORRIED about how he'd react. (I shouldn't have been-) Later that evening Mike brought down to me a card and in it was one of those .25 cent rings from the gumball machine with a note that said "Here's a replacement until we get a new one." (ahhhhhh swEEEEt!!!)

Fast forward until after we've been married for many years & 3 kids later- I had taken my ring off to wash my hands & put lotion on before one of Tanner's football games. I thought I had put it in my pocket until my hands dried. When I went to put it on a few minutes later at the game, it was GONE! When I got home, I LOOKED where I thought maybe I could've left it (but knowing I had put it in my pocket). NOTHING!

Fast forward again until yesterday morning. I was rolling up a piece of paper when I accidentally knocked it off the counter. It clanked on the floor once then twice, but the second time it sounded a little different than the first clank. I finished rolling up the paper, then looked down & it was NOWHERE to be found! I searched, searched and searched some more- still NOWHERE!!! But I had to go Visiting Teaching, so I figured when I get home I'd look some more. Because it can't GO ANYWHERE, right! So, when I got home I looked again- high, low, in the cabinets, in the garbage (because, could it have slid down the cabinet into the garbage? NO! but I couldn't find it- so your mind goes wild.) I looked on, under & around the rugs, behind the vents, EVERYWHERE!!! After calling Mike, I went back to cleaning the cabinet, when I accidentally dropped a paperclip and it fell down and into my cuff of my pant leg. AHHHHH!!! Was it a sign? So, hoping for a miracle I unfolded my cuff...NOTHING! but I had been so many places- I call Mike to tell him that maybe that's WHY it made a different sound on the second bounce.

I began calling everyone that I had visited & the sister that I drove with to our appointments. NOTHING! So, I got in my car and drove over to the sisters homes-looked AWFULLY WEIRD, but walked up & down their driveways, and the street where we parked... still NOTHING!!!

So SAD that I can't find it, but SO GRATEFUL for the paperclip that made me think of something else & made me start looking outside my home, because a RING doesn't get up & walk away from where you dropped it, Or DOES IT?!?!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh I hope you find it!! Good luck!

JenB said...

I lost my ring a couple months ago (took it off for church volleyball) ... I admit, I thought of you while I was looking, looking, looking. Everyone at the church (men's volleyball played after) knew and someone found it and it was returned to me that night (whew!). Gray lost HIS in the church parking lot too (and it also was turned in and returned to us). Hope yours turns up somehow ... or Mike's going to make you stick with the crackerjack one.