Mike was able to put dibs on some white cabinets from work that were in the Model Home garage that they sold, so he picked up the white cabinets to replace our old Maple ones. He did have to buy a few upper cabinets to make it the way he wanted but he did a GREAT job & it looks GREAT!!! This is before he removed the old to make way for the new WHITE ones-
Mr. Ivy is getting more & more brave & stays out wondering nights at a time. It makes Mike worried but not sure there's much we can to do to change it...
AFTER
Lone Peak High School Seminary Graduation at Alpine North Stake Center
Sunday, May 26th @ 6 pm
SENIOR YEAR with Caitlin Anderson & Kaia Larsen
This has been a trying 4 months or so for me- finding out about Crystal Jensen Brown being abused like me, I couldn't share it with others because she wasn't ready for others to know- Mike knew & eventually had to tell the kids. But I posted a little something for her to let her know I was thinking of her & feel for her through this trial of others not believing her & family not accepting the truth & being REALLY MEAN to her...
We also had some of our bedroom furniture refinished from the yellowy maple coloring
to a sleek flat matte black. It turned out really nice & clean looking...
but boy, its hard to keep from seeing the DUST-
One day while at work, around 12 pm, maybe 1pm I received a notification that there was someone at our front door- I couldn't answer it immediately because I was at work, but as soon as I could I did- it was a police officer that was ringing our doorbell, knocking on our door, pounding on the door, etc. Not sure what was happening! So I called the Pitchers home, but no answer! I then called the King's no answer! So I called Kim to see if she was going out to drive by our house to see what was going on- She called about 10 minutes later but by that time, I had received a call back from Whitney King, who said there was a gas leak where they're doing construction on Main Street by our house. They were evacuating the block! She had just seen the police man & he gave her this update. Then Kim said she had gotten a phone call from a neighbor saying it was all the way up to her house.
So after work I drove home, but THIS is what I came too- So I went around to Pioneer Drive on Grove Drive & there were policemen there too- Paul Murdock said it was going to be at least another 4 hours or so- so I drove out to Walmart, where Kim was hanging out & we sat & visited in the parking lot in our car for a couple hours. Then around 6 pm or so we were able to go back home. But this just so happened to be the same night as Madison's Senior Recognition Graduation Night at the Ward. I was suppose to make & bring her favorite treat! Which I wasn't sure I'd be able to make because of being forced out of our home that afternoon. So I called/text Kristin Arnold (YW Pres) to let her know- she was sure she could make something for her & asked what we were planning on making? I told her Peanut Butter Rice Krispy treats with Chocolate on top! She said she just so happened to buy THOSE EXACT INGREDIENTS the other day (Monday) this being Wednesday night & had all the stuff to make them, so she would! What a BLESSING!
That evening at the Alpine 1st Ward Senior Recognition Night Sister Arnold was conducting the program & shared what had happened that day to "someone in the ward" & couldn't make the treats, but she had been prompted to get the ingredients earlier that week. She shared with everyone that night that she KNOWS that was Heavenly Father's way of letting these Young adults who are going out into the world, that HE knows them, Loves them & is AWARE of them, each of them...even when its a little thing like these treats! It was a POWERFUL testimony builder of God's love for these youth! I am truly grateful for times in my life like these that HF lets us KNOW He is thinking of us & is aware of our needs! We had a few pictures of Madison, had a slide presentation of her over the years, treats & a table set up of things that Madi is interested in- Makeup, Cars, Roses, Photo, & the print out of the song "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts, which was the song we had playing during her photo presentation.
Bailey's creativity making its way out again...
Madison's Graduation Announcement that Bailey made for us-
Ivy went MISSING once again, this time for over a week! So we had Lone Peak Animal Control post a Missing Cat post on their social page. I came home a few days later- He seems to be okay when he returns, sometimes a lot dirtier, but seems to not be too hungry. But he's missing now here & there anywhere from a night up to 8 or so nights... lil' TURKEY!
Last week of school, & this year we had the Dance Festival. Its always FUN to watch!
Senior Sluff day at LAGOON!!!
Graduation Day for Madison...
Madison & Gpa Gillett - (Gma Gillett had foot surgery & wasn't up to crowds & stairs yet...)
Senior Graduation All Nighter Party in Draper at the All Stars Bowling Center
Our Baby is Graduated!!!
With GREAT Grades too!!!!
LOVE this girl & SO PROUD of her!!! especially with all she had against her this year & previous years with Physics...then working 2 jobs, school, then starting a new job at the dealership & working A LOT of hours her Senior year while trying to graduate, keep her grades up & earning a bunch of Money $$$ for her FUTURE CAR!!!! BUT this girl said she is DONE with SCHOOL & hopes to never return again!!! ;0)
































No comments:
Post a Comment