Monday, December 29, 2014

Back to other happenings in JUNE...

We had just seen pictures where Tanner was tagged in days, a week earlier than when things changed for Tanner. Elder Gillett & Elder Santos had celebrating a birthday of a member & played ping pong. And I had just taken a picture of the Temple countdown around the same time too.


We went to Waffluv in PG, on the first few days of Summer break 

With the World Cup going on in Brazil & Argentina being a great team with Messi- we tried to watch each of the leading games & any games with US, or Argentina in it-
 
I'm not sure if you can SEE it, but its there! a squirrel that had been teasing Madi. Every time she'd mow next to the tree it would scurry up or down the tree, depending on where she was. It was freaking her OUT...it was quite the funny thing to watch...so that's why I go the camera! It had been making sounds, we tried throwing rocks up the tree to make it leave the tree, but it wouldn't but when Madi would mow by the tree it would run up the tree, when she'd pass the tree, it would start running down the tree but wouldn't leave! She was frightened & didn't want to mow- TOO FUNNY! 

We DID enjoy a few Art City Donuts over the courses of the Summer, and a few times 
we'd meet up with Rachel & Morgan-



A regular night around our home while Tanner was gone...girls picking on their Daddy!

US & Argentina World Cup games & who they'd play
"Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week."  - Joseph Addison
Girls Camp 2014 - Moab
It had been Monday morning that we had received that first email from Tanner telling us he wanted to come home. That next day was when the YW had planned to go to Girls Camp in Moab. Bailey had decided not to go a few weeks earlier, like I had also. Looking back now, what a relief it was not knowing what was going to happen- It would have messed things up for the YW leaders, and it was VERY nice to have Bailey by my side that week, while things were about to turn upside down.
Just after dropping Madi off at the church, I had been dressed for the temple & so after seeing her off I headed to the temple for some PEACE, SOLACE, answers...for Elder Gillett, however what I found there that week of going to the Temple everyday for him- I FOUND the Peace, Solace & answers were for ME!!!     

Madi was a little nervous to be going to Girls Camp WITHOUT Bailey or me there, BUT she had her friends, other YW leaders & Andrea Bishop- so she knew she could go to Andrea IF she needed anything!

a VERY CUTE bunch of girlies!!!

I received this cute picture from Sister Bikman after Girls Camp- she had said what a great help Madi was to Matea- one of the older Beehive YW, helping out one of the youngest Beehive YW.
It looked as though Madi BRAVED her time at Girls Camp pretty well!

These were a few more pictures we came across just days before Tanner returned home-


"At times, NOTHING else will do-" 
This picture was taken Tuesday morning as I walked into the Temple, ready to be FILLED with the Spirit
Movies with the girls & a CHALLENGE that was put out by the Church

June 12th & Father's Day

Our local Missionaries & the excitement is in the air for the World Cup

The sweet note & treat left at our door after finding out that Tanner would be returning home
This seems SO, SO LONG ago!   
Sure love this kid though-


No comments: