I had mentioned earlier that Tanner had his Patriarchal Blessing back in January, & knew Bailey's was coming up, but WHO knew it would be given the Sunday evening before her 16th BiRtHdAy! We didn't get a picture that evening of Bailey, but we DID celebrate it with this Yummy Cheesecake & Strawberries after- Her blessing was beautiful & very grateful that she decided to have it while Tanner was still here, so he could be there for it. Madi has said she'll probably wait until Tanner gets back home, until she gets hers.
With Bailey's 16th Birthday coming up I knew I wanted to CeLeBrATe BiG time & do some extra stuff for her, to make it extra special. It just came at the same time as a very busy time in our lives, but so happy I just stuck with it & plowed through for Bailey.
I had taken pictures of her and enlarged them and made this "16" out of them & had it on our kitchen wall.
She got some FUN & Yummy favorite treats, cards & gifts from G&G Gillett & Stephanie, besides us-
The night before her birthday, after she went to bed, I taped streamers to her door then filled them up with balloons, so when she opens her door at 5:30 or so in the early morning, the balloons would fall to her feet & she would need to crawl through, under or break thru the streamers. She did say it scared her that early in the morning but LOVED it. We had donuts for breakfast & opened presents when everyone (but Tanner woke up, this school morning)
And BEFORE she went out to the bus stop for school, I had gone out front and put up these signs all over the yard. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY" "16" Car, car keys, & Dating signs so everyone could see as they drove by our house.
And for lunch, I took her & Liz their favorite Roxberry flavored smoothie
And while she was at school, I decorated her room with balloons & enlarged pictures of each birthday she's had so far birth through 16! and tied them to the bottoms of the balloons.
I think that her 16th BiRthDaY will be one that she remembers!
Then the next day for dad's birthday, it was a little more LOW KEY.... he's only 42-
Some of the people from his work at Candlelight made him wear their get up, & he DID! She posted a picture & I had to make sure I got a copy of it-
*GRATEFUL for this BiG LUG!!!*
No comments:
Post a Comment