Monday, March 18, 2013

February To -do's

 So I did it, I finally did it- okay with help from Grandma P WE did it! I had been getting so frustrated because its NOW February & I still hadn't finished the cute Mustache Soccer quilt we had bought to make for Matt & Katelyn. With me working now a days my Saturdays get filled up rather quickly with "other" things. So I finally succumbed and asked Grandma to help cut the 3 pieces of the quilt to be the same size. I had the top, the batting and the bottom pieces all cut out and sewn BUT they were all 3 different sizes so I was ready to give up when Gma said she'd help me out! So while Matt & Katelyn were gone to Disneyland with some of the other families in the family, Madi, Grandma and I tied it and then I finished binding the sides while watching the Super Bowl. So grateful to have this in Matt n' Katelyn's hands now- along with their better late than NEVER Christmas Mustache ornament & wax candy mustaches. 

Also in the month of February we've been lucky enough to have Mo for a night while Todd & Rachel went out alone and got some dinner. She was such a cutie, its hard to hand her back over at the end of the night-

 Madi was LOVING being able to feed her, however I didn't think Mo thought she fed her FAST enough-
 And so it begins...
First came Riley Hale's opening his missionary call, and then so on and so forth-
 

 Landon Wilson #2 from the Dynamo Soccer Team, Lone Peak Soccer Team & Friend received his mission call this past week- he was Called to Serve in the Madrid, Spain Mission reporting June 12th, 2012


and Michael Smith's call to Peru. Tanner had received the text, and then heard about it when he was in AF at Cafe Rio with Aubri, so he didn't end up going to this opening. (Loser!)   ;0)

I am SO Grateful for the time I've had to read (I read the 1st of 3 books way back when Mike & I went to Cancun in 2008 with Wright Homes), read (the 2nd book for a number of pages then got busy with "life") and re-read (picked it up again this year after reading the BofM through last year & wanting MORE from the words so I picked it up again once the kids headed back to school in September)  this great book.

It has helped my Testimony to Grow as I have done so & I understand it so much better and LOVE all the added information. ie; Moroni dedicated the property "Manti Stone Quarry" hill, that the Manti Temple now stands on about 1400 years BEFORE the Manti Temple was built, as per Brigham Young.

This is a picture Rachel sent us after we gave them these Cute Valentine jammies for Mo!

Two of my very favorite & best friends birthdays are in the month of February & so I put together a "care package" for Kim Huish and Jana Standiford- 


Happy Valentine's Day




These are the cute Valentine treats we got for Madi's very last year in Elementary school for 
Valentine's Day
And our fun Valentine treats from Mo, Todd and Rachel
"Peel the Love Valentine"



Liz and Bailey WON the "IRON CHEF" competition in her Foods class at school. This is the prize they each won-
 

 7:30 pm on Valentine's Day night the group of boys gathered at the Walton's home to open Nate's call-
Dear Elder Walton:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Guatemala, Guatemala City south mission.

June 12th, Guatemala MTC.
  And for Sweetheart's Dance the couples decided to come to OUR house for pictures...UGH!!! Of all the homes they could go to for pictures and they picked our house?!?! 
 
 
Brad & Stacia





 And after the dance they came over to our house for a movie, games & treats
Madi even decorated

We made sure to have some Yummy treats for the kids to snack on-



 Demory came over to visit and ate dinner with us, but then Demory wanted to try a "move" out on Tanner and it didn't work out so well...then within days, Tanner and Mike went at it-






Just before Valentine's Day on February 11th Mike finally started his new job at Richmond American Homes. It's not his dream job, but we are truly grateful for the job. Its been a rough past couple of months after Bill had to lay him off right before Thanksgiving. He had interviewed with a couple of different builders even before he was laid off, but nothing came through like we had hoped. So these rough times make us better people, right?!?! We are going to HOPE so- Things seem to be changing around and we are Hoping for the better with the economy & homebuilding in general. I truly am grateful for an INCREDIBLE man, husband, friend, father Mike has been all these years, and more especially these past 5 years of struggling and living off of our savings. Its been tough and an UPHILL climb but we are doing it and making it work!
Since this past entry Mike has been approached by Destinations Homes out of Layton. After a couple of interviews they called him and said they weren't going to continue their interviews with the 2 other candidates and asked if they could have a interview with me! No, I've never heard of that before but it actually was a good interview and helped answer questions I had about them as a company, insurance, etc. The next day the man we interviewed with called Mike and said he'd like to make him an offer. He is planning on starting with Destination Homes on April 1st.
To be continued...   

No comments: