Tuesday, February 21, 2012

sUrPriSes for Bailey's 14th BiRthDaY


 
On Friday, February 17th I had told Bailey that I was planning on checking her out after lunch & taking her for some "SuRpRisEs" but she needed to make sure that her school work was turned in or she checked with her teachers about being absent. I picked her up and went to our first appointment that we had & it wasn't until we were "there" that I told her that I had made an appointment for her to get a make-up consultation at "ULTA". She was grinning from ear to ear :0) 

She talked to us about colors, & I just told her that me & her father didn't want to have a "Street Walker" living in our home, but to give her some color. She talked to Bailey about colors that would look nice on her & her eyes. 

This is the "BEFORE" picture.

Tatum, our cute consultant told Bailey about the colors she should use, & the different types of eye shadows, pencils, liners, etc.

Then she started applying the makeup-






This is the "AFTER" photo, the colors didn't show up a lot but they are light & natural, it looks REALLY nice.


And she really enjoyed it-

After the consultation Tatum helped us get all the products she used, and then wrote the directions down so we'd be able to remember how to apply it the next time. 

Here is Bailey just outside the "Ulta" store, with her bag of products.

Then after picking up pretzels & a drink, we took some "film strip" pictures & headed over to "Nothing Bundt Cake" to get some cakes for Mike & Bailey's birthday dessert for Sunday evening. Mike & Bailey like Red Velvet, Madi likes the Chocolate-Chocolate Chip & Tanner and I like the lemon cake with Raspberries. Then off to our next surprise "appointment" with Melissa, to get Bailey's hair done. Which she didn't know about until we got there also. She chose to get highlights and a trim.

This is her saying, "DON'T take my picture."

I can't believe Bailey is getting so old and mature- I Love it, but hate it...

She was so HAPPY & feeling SO GOOD! Then after her hair appointment, we headed over to get one of  her favorite desserts- a JCW's Cheesecake Chunk Shake. Yumm, Yumm!

All while this had been going on, Mike had been involved in trading in his truck on his new Mazda 3 Speed down at Orem Mazda. When we got home from our "day of surprises" Mike soon arrived home, just in time to head out for a bite to eat at "DP" Downtown Philly. We had a FUN & MeMoraBLle day spending it together!
 The NEW "Speed" and saying goodbye to the "Black Mamba." :'0/

1 comment:

JenB said...

So does Mike not have a truck now? I can't imagine Grayson without a truck, he's such a truck guy!