Monday, July 5, 2010

*** BLeSSiNGS & GRaTiTuDe ***

So we were on our way back down to our truck when maybe just over half way Mike wanted to take us to this waterfall we had gone to once before, but missed the turnoff on our way up. Mike was leading us in the Razor with Madi, then Bailey was on her 4 wheeler (that will be Madi's soon), I was next on my Rubicon and Tanner was bringing up the rear. As we were going down this trail, I remember thinking how hard it was to keep my Rubicon's handlebars on track spreading the ruts, because the ruts in the trail were SO deep. Mike disappeared around the corner for about 30 seconds, when as I was following Bailey I see her having a hard time making her 4 wheeler do what SHE WANTED it too. Then her handlebars just YANKED her up and over the edge of the trail, and not having ANY control, all the while SCReaMiNG Bloody Murder. As I was watching this happen, and knowing what was coming NEXT, I started YeLLiNG! As a Mom, the feeling of WATCHING what was to happen and NOT being able to do ANYTHING about it- I couldn't STOP, put my 4-wheeler in Park, and RUN to Bailey FAST enough. Who in my eyes had gone over the edge with her four wheeler, down to WHO KNOWS WHAT WAS BELOW- I did know it was a LARGE drop off and the River was down below that lead to the waterfall we were headed too. As SOON as I got my Rubicon stopped I jumped off, ran to the edge and jumped down the hill (25' or so) and slid the rest of the way to get to Bailey. Tanner saw what I just described and then saw me- NOT getting to her fast enough! As soon as Tanner got his 4 wheeler stopped he came running! Mike had heard Bailey screaming and then ME. He COULDN'T turn around, the trail was only as wide as the Razor, so he slammed the Razor in reverse and backed up until he saw what happened & could get out of his seat belt fast enough.

When I finally got to Bailey, she was in SHOCK- she was telling me she thought she was 'okay', but her finger and legs hurt. I just sat and hugged her, I didn't want to let her go! The feelings of GRATITUDE overwhelmed me and the tears began to flow.

Tanner no sooner got down to us, and then Mike. When we knew she doing okay we sent her back up.

Then we asset the situation and figured out how we were going to get the four wheeler up and over trees, bushes, and back up the 25 feet to the trail.

So Tanner and I headed back down and found that the four wheeler had rolled up and over a big log which STOPPED her four wheeler from going any further over the next edge and into the river. SO GRATEFUL for that log!

THANK HEAVEN Mike decided to ride my Rubicon, that has a winch on it and had the power to PULL the 4 wheeler back up. So Tanner & I got behind it, and a couple of times needed to give the winch a few seconds between the pulling, so the motor didn't get too hot. It was rough, but we did it-

It didn't take the hour that we thought it would to get it back up, but it did take some time and some heavy WORK! Mike and Tanner did a GREAT JOB! I was SO GRATEFUL for a Strong, Hard-working, Teenage Boy at that moment, and that I didn't have to do it myself.

Bailey is SAFE, and other than a few scratches and sore muscles she is doing really WELL! Same goes for the four wheeler, just a few scratches. When Mike asked Tanner to see if the four wheeler would start up after its joyride, and it did...you heard Mike and I say unitedly, "Well, its a HONDA!" It was our first Laugh, and it brought MUCH relief!

After everyone was SAFE n' SOUND and we got the four wheeler back on the trail, we took a few moments and talked about what had just happened and then we bowed our heads in humble PRAYER to Thank our Heavenly Father for watching over our SWeeT Bailey.

Then Mike rocked her world and told her she needed to get BACK ON! After a little convincing, and the old saying was said, "When you get bucked off, the BEST thing to do is get right back on!" & she DID! There were a few TENSE moments, but she did go back through some of the tough areas she had just endured! I MUST say, I am SO VERY PROUD of her!

(It may not look that rough, but this picture is deceiving!)

She didn't have to ride for too long. Madi took over for her while she drove with Mike for some of the way down.

Pardon the "PUN", but we ALL CRASHED after that-

I HAD to take a picture after I realized the poor girl had the seat belt so tight against her neck, and she was STILL asleep! (However, right after the taking of this picture I removed the strap across her neck...okay, now for the small print- NO children were harmed in the taking of this picture)

So BLESSED our little Bailey-boo is okay! Love you-

2 comments:

Tara said...

WOW!! That's so scary! I'm so glad she's ok, too!

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness...I can't imagine anything worse than watching your baby girl go over the edge like that!! I'm so thankful that this story has such a happy ending!! I'm so jealous of your ATV's by the way ;)