Monday, February 8, 2010

- SuPeR BoWL PaRTY 2010 -


Every year, my sister Kelly & her husband Cory have a *BiG* Super Bowl Party! With the CoLTS vs. saints there was NO exception. We've got the BLUE & WHITE candies, the gold & black candies, football glasses, football necklaces, notepads, & football hackie-sacks all for the drawing held at halftime.

Here's Colton, Tanner & Garrett filling in some squares on the scoreboard chart.

More GooDieS for the Halftime drawing...CoLTS fleece blanket, Cowboys Nerf Football, Mtn West mini-football helmets, mini-nerf footballs, 3 soft Jazz balls.

The halftime drawing is the BEST! The kids remember each year. I don't even think they watch even 5 minutes of the game, they just come for the other kids, the food & the FUN drawing! There's NFL t-shirts, jerseys, hats, balls, NFL pendants.

The *FOOD* ain't half bad either- (hee hee) Here is just some of the spread. It was kinda nice that it falls on Fast Sunday...(can I say that?) I saved up ALL day KNOWING what YuMMy Food we'd be surrounded by. However, I was hoping Kim would've brought her DELICIOUS mini cheesecakes, but that didn't happen - (its probably a GOOD thing for me, I think I would've BLOWN my whole days allowance of WW points on those alone! It would've been SO worth it though.)

Halftime DRAWING!!! YeaHHHHH-

and some of the CROWD...

and the other half of the room... (there were MORE **COLTS FANS** than saints fans)

(Tanner looks so EVIL in this pic, its kinda scaring me! Also, sorry Cory not the best pic of you...)

So at the halftime drawing, each kid & a few adults won a Ford cinch bag, but our family I think had the BEST LUCK of the night. Mike won a Dallas Cowboys football, Madi won a football necklace & a jar of candy, and Tanner won a Raiders hat, and Bailey won the Mtn West mini football helmets. BUT they all made each other happy and traded. Bailey traded her mini helmets for Tanner's Raiders hat, then Mike traded his Cowboy football to Bay for the Raiders hat & then paid her $5 to give it to Cory (he's a Cowboys fan). THANKS to the Powell family for opening up their home for ALL the FUN & MEMORIES made every year!!!

Here is Madi with her Raiders hat! So much, for all that trading you did Mike...little girls always have their daddy's wrapped around their little fingers. Case in point! I think Madi's passion for the Raiders must've come from her daddy.

Tanner with his Mountain West mini football helmets.

I just want to point out & make sure you are aware of the placement of WHERE the BYU helmet is and then the U of U helmet...TOP n' CENTER for BYU and BOTTOM n' well, just BOTTOM for the U of U. ;0) hee hee - just kiddin'

p.s. KP, Sherry, Amy, Kolbie, Todd & Rachel WE MISSED YOU!!!! see you NEXT year-

3 comments:

Todd and Rachel Allen said...

WOW! How forgot how big the Super Bowl Party is at the Powell's. We can't wait until next year. Thanks for posting this - we missed you all too!

Tiffany said...

What a blast!!! I didn't know you had such a fun tradition!

JenB said...

We don't really do anything for Superbowl ... the boys did turn it on and caught the end ... I was going to make cute football sugar cookies but I didn't get around to it.