Tuesday, April 22, 2014

#becauseofHim 7 day challenge

 So I've decided to take this challenge on...its a lot tougher than I thought it would be-
One of my greatest blessings is belonging to this family & being a stay at home Mom. Yes, there are times I probably drive them cRaZy. (Naahh!) There have been many days I have fallen really short of being a great mom. And there are times that I hope my kids won't have to have therapy for. There has also been many memorable times, days we couldn't get enough of each other, spiritual moments & moments we will NEVER forget! But one thing I DO know is, my kids KNOW I have a Testimony of, & have Faith in Jesus Christ and a strong Love for this gospel. And #becauseofHim I AM a better mother. — with Madison Gillett, Michael Gillett, Elder M. Tanner Gillett and Bailey Gillett.

As a mother, our lives are based on serving others in our families, in the schools, at work, at church or in our communities. No, it isn't always easy & sometimes it's down right tough. But when I stop and think about what I'm doing, and WHO I am serving, my heart ALWAYS softens, as I try to emulate His great example. It changes ME! "My hands become His hands; my eyes, His eyes; my heart, His heart." #becauseofHim I can serve others
 #becauseofHim I can be with my Dad & little brother, Billy again. Jesus Christ said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." ... "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:6,27 #becauseofHim Families are Forever
 #becauseofHim I can be a better me, because when I make a mistakes, "I know I can start again, and again, and again. He gave me second chances, clean slate, new beginnings..." #becauseofHim I can be a better me

#throwbacktoprimarydays "Whenever I hear the song of a bird Or look at the blue, blue sky, Whenever I feel the rain on my face Or the wind as it rushes by, Whenever I touch a velvet rose Or walk by our lilac tree, I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Fathers created for me." #becauseofHim I live in this Beautiful World  
 
#becauseofHim I am inspired by those He puts on my pathway of life. If it's leaders, neighbors, family, missionaries, or just a "Mormon" friend.
I am *SO GRaTeFuL* for this "Mormon" friend that sparked a curiosity in my mom, years ago when they were teenagers going to school in AZ. As I recall my mother telling me the story. "There was something "different" about Mary, she said. "She came from a large family" in which, my mom only had one older brother. She also remembers "Mary had to help out her mom a lot with her siblings." And once, "Mary stayed home from school to help with her younger siblings, while Mary's mom was at the hospital having a baby." My mom said that, "it really made an impression on her." (Mary is still "inspiring" others today as she & her husband are currently serving overseas for the Church) Then came in, the "cute missionaries" (my moms words) that helped teach her about this new church she was about to join. My sweet mom, knew the path she wanted to take, & went in a whole different religious direction than her family. She stayed strong & had courage even when no one else around her was "Mormon." Then a few years down that pathway of life, there was a certain handsome return Missionary, she married & that man was my dad.
It all started with my mom, who was "inspired" by Mary, a "Mormon" friend who knew who she was, what she BELiEVED, Lived it, & shared it with those around her.
Who is on your path that YOU can "inspire" like Mary did for my mom? #becauseofHim I am inspired by those He puts on my pathway of life.



#becauseofHim I can "feast upon the words of Christ for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things which ye should do" - 2 Nephi 32:3 I am truly blessed & so grateful that I have come to love & yes, even "feast" upon His words at times. If it's from my traditional scriptures, my phone's lds gospel app, or my fav, "The Book of Mormon: Made Easier." I have had my prayers answered many times through reading, had new questions arise, & soon found the answers to those questions. I know the scriptures & my Patriarchal Blessing are MY own personal Liahona, but only if I pray, use the scriptures & search them out. #becauseofHim I can get answers to my prayers

This week after reflecting on last weeks challenge & how hard it was for me to share my thoughts and feelings outwardly & say what I wanted to say. But it was a challenge I enjoyed after that fact, looking back my Easter week I felt closer to Him & had more meaning to me , as I reflected on Him personally every day.

No comments: