Wednesday, October 5, 2011

sAdIE hAwkIns dAncE

So just about 9 pm on Sunday night, after General Conference we were just kneeling down for Family prayer when the doorbell rang. We knew it wouldn't be G&G Paskett who are the usual suspects, but they were out of town. So Madi ran to get the door, no one was there, but this pink poster & Grape 2 liter bottle of soda was.

It reads, "I have a "CRUSH" on you & I think it would be "GRAPE" if you came to Sadie's with me!"

And on the back of the posterboard, her name, "Kirsten" (King). Tanner was grinning from ear to ear. This being his first school dance that he has been asked to go to. He had decided for Homecoming that all the girls he wanted to ask had already been asked & the other girls, are not 16 yet.

So a few nights later Tanner decided on HOW he wanted to answer her. Not thrilled with my ideas, he came up with this one. He felt my ideas were "cheesy" & doesn't want to do something "cheesy." I'm not exactly sure this was the best way, but....the boys sure had a GOOD time with it.

"Kirsten, I am so excited to go to Sadie's with you that I "PEA-eD" a little. Tanner"

Then a few nights later, Tanner went & helped answer a girl with Nathan Henley. They left a posterboard that said, "I'll go to Sadie's with you, WHEN PIGS FLY!" Then when she opened the door, Tanner & Nathan started throwing "HOT DOGS" at her. I guess her little 2 yr old brother, thought they were being MEAN, so he started throwing them back at the boys! TOO FUNNY!!!


Asher Puriri, Kelton Johnsen, Tanner and Kirsten King at Sadie's Dance 2011.


This is just one picture I came across from Tanner & Kirsten's Sadie's date. It just happens to be, Tanner taking a picture with Kelton, Asher's (the other couple) date at Cornbelly's.

No comments: