Every year Alpine Elementary puts together a FUN RUN as a Fundraiser to earn $$$ for each costs at school. Each year I've been so blessed to help out- this year, I was again part of the "CHEERleaders" along the route of the fun run. This year I was about a block North of the school in the neighborhood. This was my view of the kids as they were coming near the END of the run.
This pic is a what the kids were able to RUN under just as they came to the finish line.
Because I was at the end of the race, and all the kids were finishing, I had just arrived at the flag when the Firemen were taking it down- Personally when I see this flag, it makes me SO PROUD to be an AMERICAN I definitely get choked up inside.
This is what the kids saw just after they went through the parking lot and into the school playground area.
Then they saw the BiG FINISH LINE sign.
Then soon after the kids finished the race, the started a RAFFLE drawing where kids names were drawn out for who had collected $$$ for the fundraiser. they also had 1st place runners, and 1st place runners that did more than one lap & finished a 5k-
You maybe able to make out Madi in this picture- she's the one holding up the BLUE hand clappers. (The hand clappers were part of my *CHEERING*, along with a megaphone.)
Drawing for the raffle items- everything from movie tickets to scooters to games to toys. And each child received a Eagle's FUN RUN t-shirt just for running.
Mom's & younger kids are asked to come and walk with the school kids or CHeeR- or help handing out water bottles.
We had a really GREAT turn out and earned more than $10k to help get more computers, electronics and microphone systems.
This was the ONLY & BEST picture Madi let me get of her- (the little stinker!)
I must say, I am VERY GRATEFUL to have the opportunity to spend as much time helping and volunteering at the elementary school.
No comments:
Post a Comment