The girls & I were out raking leaves in the back yard when Rachel, Todd & Morgan came over to visit. So we showed Morgan how we can have FUN in the leaves, so we tossed them up in the air & let them fall all over us. Then we took this cute picture-
So, one Saturday we were outside in the backyard when Mike called me over to look under the back deck. There, underneath the deck was this scared little kitten. So I called the girls out to come see if they could help get the kitten out from far beneath the deck. The kitten was cute but very homeless looking. They cared for this cute kitten, they wrapped it up in a towel, tried to find soft food. This kitten didn't look like it should be on its own, it looked too young. The girls borrowed a cat crate, soft food, dishes from the Bikman's as they had been asking neighbors if they knew whose kitten this was. No luck!
Around 7pm that evening Madi had been hanging out in the garage with it, but cam in & told Mike & I that the kitten was limp, wouldn't stand & fell down when Madi set it down. So we asked Sister Jensen if she had her Momma Cat still that was nursing? Her cat wouldn't nurse but had Kitten milk, so we went over picked it up. Tried to feed the kitten with this milk, but still nothing! The kitten was getting worse & worse by the hour.
Mike ended up sitting out in the garage with the kitten & Madi for its final hours of life. It was SO very sad! We said a prayer that Heavenly Father would help him to pass quickly & to take good care of him. It was a VERY SAD night! The girls got very attached, & so quickly- Grateful to have had the chance to show it some love before it died, it probably had never been cared for. R.I.P. kitty
Sunday, November 3rd Tanner had the opportunity to be ordained an Elder. G&G Gillett were able to be in town, because the Palmyra Temple was closed for cleaning for two weeks. So they came out to get a few things done before heading back, but it ended up that the day before they came back, Grandma Gillett lost the sight in one of her eyes. So she had surgery to repair the damage a few days previous to this picture.
At 10am that Sunday we met at the Bishop's office to ordain Tanner. The Bishop was out of town so Brother Bertola, Brother Bennett & Brother Mike Thompson (Stk High Council man) were there. We visited for a few minutes, when Brother Thompson told how he has seen Tanner grow up right before his eyes. He remembers Tanner in diapers (not really, but he said that) he said how proud of Tanner he was, etc. When Mike (of course) says..."Tanner is still in diapers!" Everyone laughed- Tanner then was ordained by Mike along with all the men in the room. Of course, I was crying- in which Tanner said to me when he came to give me a hug..."Mom stop crying, you're going to make me cry!"
Then as we were sitting there, I decided to ask Brother Bertola or Bennett if they had access to see at what point Tanner's papers were at in the process? Brother Bennett says, I can check that out. So he began checking on his phone. We all started to visit once again, when at the point Brother Bennett said aloud, "they were assigned on Friday" (November 1st). At that time Tanner, took a deep breath (so those who were watching him said) then everyone in the room started laughing at his reaction. Then Brother Bertola says, that means that they will mail it our Monday, you should get it Tuesday or Wednesday this week!
It seemed as though as it took forever, but now that its here...it came rather quickly!
Tanner's IG post
Well, this week was exciting because we were WAITING for the BiG White Envelope to arrive. Mike was up in Oregon for work with Jay. He went fishing, up in the mountains and watched the tree/wood assembly, etc. He had a good time. But has been struggling since then with his equal librium feeling like its off. Knowing he was headed out of town and that Tanner could possibly get his call, it was a roller coaster ride-
My post on fb Wednesday, November 6th- Tanner
received his Mission Call today. However, Mike is out of town until
tomorrow. So, he will plan to open it at our home @ 8 pm tomorrow night
(Thursday). We would love to invite family, friends & our soccer
family that would like to be here, but understand if you can't make it.
We will be trying to time it during halftime of the RSL vs LA Galaxy
playoff Soccer game & having his Aunt Stephanie here that will just
be flying in that evening. Until then....Tanner was trying to pass the time so he went out riding at the Sand Dunes with Daylin Taylor and Brad Clark. I thought possibly that it could come on Wednesday, but I had gone out to the mail box once around 1 pm and NOTHING! so, I went back to cleaning the house (cuz' I knew I possibly could have a house full in a few days) then an hour or so later I went out to the mail box again and...this is what I saw-
So I brought it in, & set it on the counter for everyone to see
I wasn't quick enough to get to my phone when I heard Tanner coming in the door, so that's why its so blurry. We were headed out to YW's that night and Tanner would be home ALL ALONE with it, so I asked if Brad & Daylin would be sticking around- haha They ended up saying they'd help him steam it open!Thursday morning, Tanner had gone to pick up Mike at the airport, I was on the treadmill when Mike called me and said Tanner had been in an accident. This is the morning of his opening his mission call- He was in traffic when the car in front of him stopped, he was able to avoid it, but the cars behind him hit him, then there was a pile up behind him. He was okay, THANK GOODNESS! But it took quite a bit of time. He was Bummed, BUT it wasn't going to stop him from having an AWESOME day!
His car doesn't look bad, but after getting into it the damage was A LOT worse than they thought. They were going to have to cut it about in half and repair it, but with that it would have a Rebuilt title, etc. So Mike asked if we could just get it totaled and try and find another great car like it. (Bummer, but grateful-)
Tanner's fb post from Thursday, November 7th- "So I wasn't planning on this today. That's for sure."
I had taken a few minutes, wrote him a note to take it all in, enjoy the moment & pray before he opened it to "know" that whatever, wherever his mission call said he was to go, he would feel at peace with it!
Called to Serve
Waiting to get everyone on facetime (Scott & Michelle- St. George/baseball tourny) or skype (the Nunley's)
Still to this time, I choke up when I watch & hear him read it aloud on the video
Buenos Aries, Argentina
reporting to the Provo MTC on
Wednesday, January 29th 2014
| Bailey's IG post |
Papers, pamphlet & money that G&G Gillett gave Tanner to help start the shopping
Elder
Gillett: You are hereby called to serve as a Missionary of The Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the
Argentina Buenos Aires South Mission- you should report to the Provo MTC
on Wednesday, January 29th 2014 @tgilly3 — with Tanner Gillett.
Then just a week later Brad received his mission call
*CoNgRaTuLaTioNs* to @thebambination for his Mission Call to the Ukraine- This group keeps dwindling, & by next week it'll be down to 4. #ukraine #russian #april9th #missionbound #brotherlylove #manlyhugs
*CoNgRaTuLaTioNs* to @thebambination for his Mission Call to the Ukraine- This group keeps dwindling, & by next week it'll be down to 4. #ukraine #russian #april9th #missionbound #brotherlylove #manlyhugs
#missionarysuitsetcetcetc #mtcjanuary292014 #argentinabound @tgilly3
My fb post Saturday, November 16- I'm sitting in my kitchen all alone, in the stillness of a Saturday
morning while my family sleeps. I've been reading for some time to look
up to see this beautiful sight of the first falling snow of the day. The
words "For the beauty of the earth..." comes to mind. GOD is good,
& I am GraTeFuL.
@ Braden Vawdrey & Cameron Mc Laughlin's farewell gathering at Ivory Ridge after their farewell's. Vawdrey & Devin Frampton's farewells were together- but he has a big family, so he didn't join this one.
| *CoNgRaTuLaTioNs* to this kid on a great farewell talk today! The people of Texas are LUCKY to have you for the next 2 years...you're gonna be Amazing! @vawdnation @tgilly3 #mcallentexas #2years #missionbound #thischurchistrue |
![]() |
Sunday, November 17th- Cameron McLaughlin and Braden Vawdrey's mission farewell. What an outstanding group of young men...see you all in two years!!! #ldsmission #besttwoyears #missionfarewell
Tanner's Missionary acceptance letter
A day to remember...
Blessed because *MeMoRieS* were made with family & friends today. LOVE these boys! @tgilly3 @vawdnation @cammclaugh11 11.19.13 #missionbound #striplingwarriors #argentina #texas #brazil #jordanrivertemple
On Tuesday, November 19th Tanner was able to go through the Temple before Braden Vawdrey heads out tomorrow to the Mexico MTC. It was a BEAUTIFUL day! Our appointment was at 8:30 am at the Jordan River Temple. Mount Timpanogos Temple was closed for cleaning, & Draper Temple doesn't rent clothing so we went to the Jordan River Temple. Mike & Tanner had to be there that morning at 7 am to prepare to go through. I arrived soon after that & was able to just sit in the chapel and reflect and take the day in. Tanner had invited both sets of grandparents, however Grandma Gillett still isn't feeling well enough to do a session, etc. We invited brothers & sisters on both sides, however it being a Tuesday morning many had to work , & some accidentally didn't ever end up getting their text invite. But it was still a memorable day-
Grateful for all those who came- grandparents, Colton, Rachel, Tamara, Braden, Cameron, & Cindy
That evening Tanner was invited to go to the last dinner with the Vawdrey family at Tuscano's in Provo, as a send off for Braden. Who would be leaving EARLY the next morning, on a flight to the Mexico MTC.
That evening Tanner was invited to go to the last dinner with the Vawdrey family at Tuscano's in Provo, as a send off for Braden. Who would be leaving EARLY the next morning, on a flight to the Mexico MTC.
For YW's the other night we went on a
Scavenger Hunt for the local Food Bank. We had just 40 minutes to
collect as much of the food we could from the list we were given. Within
that 40 minutes we were able to collect a TRUNK full of items to donate.They did an AWESOME job, so proud!
On Thursday night, November 21st we once again received tickets from Allstate Insurance for the latest series to hit the movie theatres- my post Catching Fire w/ the girlies @infinitygirl1301 @bailey_gillett
My IG post- Feeling so very *GRATEFUL & BLESSED* for all the "dots" all over the world who we LOVE! #missionarywork #isyourmissionarydotonhere #grandparents #cousins #friends #soccerbrothers
R.I.P. lil' buddy...we will *MiSS* you-
It's definitely been a SAD few days, realizing that we won't have this awesome car around anymore!
And the NEW baby...no name, as of yet
Early Tuesday morning, just about 3 am, I got a call from Gma Paskett, saying Rachel was in the hospital & they were taking her in to have the baby. The girls & I hadn't talked about what they wanted to do, when that happens. So I went into their rooms and woke them up to see if they wanted to go to the hospital? Madi had plans to go to the temple to do baptisms at 5 :15 that morning, so she was worried how we would do that, but she wanted to go. So we put some clothes on, & headed down to the hospital. When we got there, Rachel had already delivered their baby. We went to the nursery observation room & watched as the nurses took care of the "baby". Todd stayed with the baby, Rachel was getting put back together :0) then when we could we went & visited with Rachel in the recovery room. Both Madi & I got a little light headed and woosy when she was telling the story. I had to sit down, it was quite funny! We ended up staying at the hospital until about 5:15, hoping the girls could go to sleep for a little while before they needed to get ready for school. Bailey didn't end up sleeping, she just starting getting ready for school. But this picture was adorable and so we posted it.
Just after 3am and we wouldn't be anywhere else...*ConGraTs* to the newest addition to the Allen family.
On Thanksgiving, Mike & the girls raked leaves, I got a few things prepared for Thanksgiving dinner, then I headed down to the hospital to visit with Todd & Rachel. We had G&G Gillett down for dinner that evening at 5 pm, visited and ate some dessert. Then Bailey took off to go shopping with Liz at Old Navy. Tanner was headed out at 9 pm to go shopping with Braden Shelley & Brad, so Madi and I went down to the hospital to visit the baby again. The day after, Friday the girls and I went Black Friday shopping around 10 am then at 3:20 we went to The Saratov Approach and Bailey took Liz, Tanner didn't want to come. Then the kids disappeared again that evening so Madi & I played "Sorry". I was grateful to finally put my feet up & chill out that evening- Madi is a competitive game player! She loves to get you out, send you back to start or whatever she can, but then wants sympathy when its her turn...haha
And onto December-
Just after 3am and we wouldn't be anywhere else...*ConGraTs* to the newest addition to the Allen family.
What a cute dad!
Some cute pictures of the girls and Sophia Ray Allen
One evening while Rachel was still in the hospital & we were babysitting Morgan
Madi & Baby Allen #lovingonher #precious @infinitygirl1301
Sophia Ray Allen - 7 lbs 4 oz - 11/26/13 - 19.5 in - 3:10 am
On Thanksgiving, Mike & the girls raked leaves, I got a few things prepared for Thanksgiving dinner, then I headed down to the hospital to visit with Todd & Rachel. We had G&G Gillett down for dinner that evening at 5 pm, visited and ate some dessert. Then Bailey took off to go shopping with Liz at Old Navy. Tanner was headed out at 9 pm to go shopping with Braden Shelley & Brad, so Madi and I went down to the hospital to visit the baby again. The day after, Friday the girls and I went Black Friday shopping around 10 am then at 3:20 we went to The Saratov Approach and Bailey took Liz, Tanner didn't want to come. Then the kids disappeared again that evening so Madi & I played "Sorry". I was grateful to finally put my feet up & chill out that evening- Madi is a competitive game player! She loves to get you out, send you back to start or whatever she can, but then wants sympathy when its her turn...haha
And onto December-




.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment