Friday, February 8, 2013

-The JaNuArY BlaHHHs & a few things-

A fb post that Mike shared, that I thought I would like to keep for memories from January 3rd 2013-
OK, not quite sure how to start this so here it goes, just bare with me for a second while I vent. It all started awhile back, haven't seen a paycheck in awhile now (long story) Just before Christmas my water heater started to go out, good thing I have 17 years of construction experience behind my skilled hands, repaired for now! Then just after Christmas we woke up to a cold home, furnace out! Good thing for those mad home builder skills again, fixed it myself! Then Monday the fridge went out, couldn't fix that one! REPAIR BILL! then today my son Tanner Gillett calls me and says he car is broken down! At the mechanics waiting to see how much this will set me back! And to top it off Brooke Bailey Gillett has been sicker than I have ever seen her, I don't think she has left the couch for days except to go to the doctor. Through all of this I can honestly say my family and friends have been amazing. I don't think I could have made it this long without all of you! I Don't post very much on FB but when I do I make it long. Here is to 2013 this is the year to get back on track! I want to tell everyone that Family and Friends is where it is at, and don't take them for grated for one second! I love you all! Oh Brooke just reminded me about the vacuum breaking this week, and how could we forget the piece of metal in the tire on the way to St.George in November causing two tires to be replaced. Thank you Cory Powell for saving my butt! Again! I am grateful for all my trials and hope they make me stronger and wiser.
So we've found this new YummY place to eat- well, its a mobile food truck that serves delicious Waffles- its called "Waffluv"

Tanner and his cute girlfriend, Aubri- She had tickets to a Jazz game & he has never been, so he was really excited to go and more excited to go with her-


This is a fun new sign I found & have up in our kitchen right now

This past week was the last week of the term and for that in Foods class they had an "Iron Chef" competition and with Bailey & Liz being on the same team, YOU KNOW they'd WiN!

And because they were together & on the same team the class made up a new Award which is "Best Friend Duo" and they WoN that too...Bailey and Liz!!!

 Unrehearsed & unplanned Fire Drill for the family just before 3 AM the other morning when this lil' BuGGeR went off &; set off all others in the household. 4 outta 5 of us would've made it out alive but Madi wouldn't get outta bed, as we all were scrambling!!! But now we can look back at it and LaUgH :0) 
 
 Some Fun pictures of the girls I found on their Instagram accounts, fb pages, etc.

Here is a picture that Bailey had been working on over Christmas break & it turned out great!
Tanner writes: "Pumped to be playing soccer for LP again this season! Let's take State! #throwbackthursday"
So tonight while Aubri, Tanner's cute girlfriend is out on her Preference day date (on Friday, dance is Saturday night) Tanner took this cute flower arrangement over to her house so when she gets back from her date it'll be waiting for her- So CUTE!!! The story goes, they didn't know each other when she asked this other boy to Preference & here at LP they ask WAY early so they get the guy they want! Well, just before Christmas Break Tanner and Aubri had started to get to know each other in their Seminary class, and then it didn't take long before they were spending most every free time together & have been together ever since then- She came over before she had to go pick up the other boy for their day date, but she is going through with the date & I'm very proud of them-


 Cute Bailey & Liz
 One day while at work in January, we got DUMPED on with snow...OVER 18" inches during the day




 
My car was buried while working...it just kept SNOWING, and SNOWING- Grateful that when I got home Mike had been out plowing with the 4 wheeler ALL DAY!

Liz invited Bailey down for the weekend to St. George to check out their new home their family recently bought there.  I think they had a GOOD Time!



YW's New Beginnings
Sunday, January 27th 2013
"Stand Ye in Holy Places"















No comments: