
Lone Peak Soccer tryouts started yesterday and go through tomorrow. Late last night Mike & Tanner got word that Tanner played well enough that out of almost 100 boys (Freshmen to Senior) he made the first round cut. Now they're down to just under 70 boys, & he returns today for the next round. Oh, the suspense-
Although I must tell you this morning when I found out, being a PROUD MOM, I decided to make a cute sign & make some yummy pancakes for the boy. As he came stomping up the stairs I thought "oh maybe he hadn't heard yet." WRONG! He sees the pancakes and says "oh, pancakes- I don't want pancakes for breakfast!" Then looks at the sign and well, all I know its not standing up anymore. I KNOW none of YOUR teens act like this! Just thought you might want a dose of REALITY from the Gillett home.
UPDATE: Tanner didn't make Round 2 of the JV/Varsity Soccer cuts, but he is hoping to tryout for the Freshman/Sophmore teams. His spirits have improved over the past few hours. I am still SO PROUD of him & his MANY accomplishments! He is focusing on staying really positive & optimistic!
I don't know what I ever did to deserve my GREAT kids. I am so proud of who they are becoming...Yes, there ARE times but overall, I plan on keeping 'em-
UPDATE to the UPDATE: Freshman/Sophmore Soccer team tryouts Monday afternoon (3/8/10). We'll be Crossing our fingers!
No comments:
Post a Comment