Friday, January 1, 2010

- NeW YeaRS eVe -


Mike & I decided that the kids had so much fun playing G&G Gillett's Wii that they got for Christmas this year, that we'd put the money the two of us got from Christmas together and buy a wii.

This past week I've been searching high & wide for the console & a couple of games. So when the girls asked what we were doing for New Year's, I thought it would be a FUN way to bring in the New Year! So we surprised them last night and opened it up-

They LOVED it! The thing I LOVE the MOST about the wii...it's active! Well, the few games that we did get- they're active! Not just for them to sit on the couch & be a "Bump on a Log" like the PS3 can be.

Am I weird for thinking "WHATZ UP?" with my son when I asked Tanner what his plans were for New Years Eve?, and he said "he wants to stay home." (He did just get home from a sleepover @ his friends home around 3pm, and most likely didn't get much sleep the night before.)

But, really a teenager rather hanging out with his FAMILY than going with friends to some Party- okay, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut & be GRATEFUL! anywho...

One of the games we bought was the Wii Resort that has 10 different active games; Wakeboarding, Ping Pong, Sword Fighting, etc. Tanner tried out the Wakeboarding first, he was having a lot of FUN- that was UNTIL Madi played. Madi has had bowling down from the get go & now she has Wakeboarding.

Madi was playing as Bailey's Mii, and here is how it turned out-

Tanner finished at 331 and Madi (as Bay's mii) WON at 628! Almost DOUBLE Tanner's score. And believe me, Madi is one COCKY winner! We will definitely need to work on this- and WE WILL!

Here is Bailey playing Wakeboarding. It's so FUNNY to see how everyone REALLY gets into it!

Then came the Swordfighting game called "Swordplay"- WOW!!! This game is FUN! The girls really had a good time, we all did.

Then Tanner played and HE is GOOD! and he knows it!!! He first played against Madi and WON, then he played against Bailey and WON then Mike, and WON- so when it was my turn I figured I'd start by playing against Mike before I moved onto Tanner, but I LOST so I never played against Tanner! (why would I?)


Mike wanted a rematch against Tanner now that he's had some practice- Tanner STILL WON! Did I mention that Tanner's GOOD!?!

But I think it's ALL in his feet, he now has a NEW nickname...

"Twinkletoes!"

We were laughing SO HARD! As we saw this is what he'd do while playing Swordplay we had to make fun of him, he then tried to STOP doing it- but couldn't!

Mike couldn't see continually losing to Tanner so, he found someone he could take down - Bailey!

Well, we began around 6:30, and as the night progressed I didn't! When you get up at 4:30 am M-F, staying up past 9 pm is HARD- I did make it to about 11:15, when a few minutes later Mike took this pic of Madi & I. After doing so, I awoke and at 11:56 Madi brought out her sleeping bag, laid it in front of the tv and said, "goodnight." Being so close to midnight, I told her to hang on for just a few more minutes. She did, we ALL did, but as soon as the BALL DROPPED- so did all of us!!!

2 comments:

R Fitz said...

What a fun New Year's Eve!!! I know what you mean about it being hard to stay up...we didn't make it either. HOpe you have a great new year!

Tiffany said...

Who says video games are bad for you?!?! We love our Wii too!! Our favorite game to play as a family is Mario Cart Wii...I'm awful at it but it's a lot of fun!! Why in the heck are you up everyday at freakin 4:30? I think I would DIE being up that early! :]