Tuesday, January 10, 2012

- Holiday Happenings in December -


The Sunday before Christmas, we were getting all ready for church, when everyone in the family came out and we were all dressed similar so we tried our best to hurry & take a quick family photo. They didn't turn out the best, but this is what we got-

As a tradition in our family, every year at Christmas time I pick up the girls a gingerbread house to build and decorate. Bailey wasn't all that interested in it this year, but gave Madi a few pointers on the decorating.





She really did a Terrific job, the BEST she's done yet!

Right before Christmas break every year, Ms. Mitchell (Madi's 5th grade teacher) has the kids in her class make Pom Pom Pillows. I even made some back when I was in Ms. Mitchell's 5th grade class a "few" years ago. -Hahaha- Madi did a great job and her colors turned out fun together. Mine where a lavender purple color. Grandma & I went in the Thursday before Christmas break for about 3 hours to help 30 kids sew their fabric pillows up, help them handstitch the opening closed 7 then stitch the yarn part to the fabric pillows. It was fun to look back & re-live those 5th grades days. (she didn't want me to take the picture with her IN it, so here's the pillow.)

As one of our gifts to other family members we gave a movie gift card, but wanted to do something a lil' more fun with it, so I had seen a little something similar to this on tv & loved it, so the girls & I made this fun card. Then gave the card, along the side of some Red Vine licorice, Raisinets, & some Junior Mints.

I thought it would be fun ONE of these years to take the girls to "The Nutcracker" ballet, and had mentioned it to Grandma Paskett once. Then within a matter of days she called & said that she got tickets & wanted to take me & the girls to one in Provo at the Covey Art Center. I was really excited, & thought it would be a fun night to spend with their grandma.

We did end up having a FUN night, but maybe more-so Grandma & I than the girls. I had forgotten a number of musical numbers in the ballet, one being when the tall, tall lady comes out on stage & underneath her dress runs a lot of little kids. It took me back to when I went when I was young with Grandma at the ballet in downtown Salt Lake. So glad we were able to go with Grandma. We had each of the girls pick out a "Nutcracker" ornament for their trees. Another tradition we have, getting ornaments that reflect something in our past year.

For Christmas this year- I FINALLY did it, since Tanner was LITTLE I wanted to do one of these t-shirt blankets, but not only with his t-shirts but JERSEY'S. But I was able to use some of soccer jersey's from when he was younger, t-shirts he wore all the time, a t-shirt that has/had Jeremy McGrath's signature, a few Lone Peak t's, etc. But I didn't want to use his newer jersey's, & I couldn't use his football jersey's (because of the too big of mesh) but it turned out REALLY nice & it was a lot of fun to go back through memory lane as I stitched, sewed and pinned it all together. Some of the top row of Rangers jersey's were from just maybe 3 years ago, and then the bottom row had some of his soccer jersey's from "Green Lightning", "Lightning", and some other teams he was on.

While Bailey & I were working on the skirt in the picture below, Madi was anxiously waiting until we got done in the kitchen to start HER sewing project. I went to bed, and the next morning Mike tells me that Madi had stayed up until almost midnight to make HER DOLL this cute dress, from the leftover fabric of her Pom pom pillow. She HAND stitched it, because I had put my sewing machine away. SO PROUD of her & her talents that she continues to develop!

This picture is not only of Bailey, but I wanted to take a picture of the skirt we made from an old dress she wore that was too small now. She has wanted for some time now to make it into a skirt. You may remember it, if you look back to a March post from the girls Piano recital. OR you can look at the picture below.



For Christmas this year, Madi asked for a Snow cone machine. We looked & googled good ones and had a hard time finding one with good recommendations & that wasn't TOO expensive, until I came across this one. It has been a FUN and PERFECT present. She uses it all the time & LOVES to take orders, and especially take orders from Tanner & his FRIENDS-

You can tell she LOVES it, can't you?

I mean, she REALLY loves it!

And of course, it wouldn't be the same if our life/schedule didn't have some SOCCER in it of some sorts, even if it is Indoor soccer- Tanner had a really great first session with being the #1 scorer in their division, with a total of 19 goals.

1 comment:

JenB said...

love the quilt idea!